Alumni Association Committee Members
• Work in conjunction with other district committees, particularly membership, Foundation, and New Generations, to identify alumni and their potential
contributions (for example, as speaker, project participant, Rotary member, Foundation and program contributor) and connect these alumni to clubs and district activities.
• Educate Rotary members to work with alumni in order to maintain their relationship with Rotary.
• Encourage alumni to report their data to RI, and work with fellow district chairs to ensure that program participants are reported to RI.
• Abide by privacy and youth protection policies and local laws.
• Support and coordinate alumni events and associations.
Reconnecting to Keep the Spirit Alive
If Rotary has touched your life in some way, chances are you may be looking for a way to stay in touch with Rotary and the ideals of Service Above Self which all Rotarians worldwide embrace.
Are you looking for a way to give back? Would you like opportunities to network with Rotarians and fellow Rotary alumni?
Why join the District 6970 Alumni Association?
As a member of the District 6970 Alumni Association, you can be part of Rotary at a commitment level that suits you. It can be as little as staying in touch through online communication and forums. You may also wish to attend alumni association events to network and to enjoy the company of other alumni and Rotarians. You could also choose to participate more in depth by participating in service projects, speaking at Rotary Clubs, volunteering to lead events or stepping into a leadership position in the association.
There are no membership dues. Membership in the association is open to:
- Ambassadorial Scholars
- Group Study Exchange participants
- Carl B. Miller Discovery Grants recipients
- Rotary Grants for University Teachers
- World Peace Fellowship Scholars
- Rotary Peace and Conflict Resolution Studies Program participants
- Volunteer Service Grants recipients
- RYLA, Interact and Rotaract members
- Rotary Youth Exchange participants
APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP USING OUR ONLINE FORM
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION LEADERSHIP
President Rotary Alumni Association
Past President of Rotaract Abidjan Lagunes Cote d’Ivoire former District 9100
Past President of College of Presidents for District 9100 Africa
Former donated Rotary Ambassadorial scholar to the District 6970 for 2007-2008
Vice President Rotary Alumni Association
Kane Sears was first introduced to the Rotary world through the Beaches Rotaract club where he has served as a member from 2017-2020. Kane is very involved in the community through leadership on the HEAL (Helping Enrich Autistic Lives) board. JAX MVP through the Jaguars Foundation, and the Sunrise Autism Surf Camp. He also is able to serve his local community every day in his work as a dentist in Ponte Vedra Beach where he started the Smiles Change Lives initiative to provide free dental care for someone in need every year. Kane is so passionate about giving back to his hometown because it is a true community where everyone is willing to help each other out.
Secretary Rotary Alumni Association
Treasurer Rotary Alumni Association
DISTRICT 6970 ALUMNI CHAIR
Rotary Club of Ponte Vedra Beach
A past district governor of Rotary District 6970, Bill has worn many Rotary hats including district foundation chair, scholarship chair, peace scholarship chair and group study exchange chair. A past-president or Rotary Club of Ponte Vedra Beach, Bill is passionate about fostering strong alumni relations in our district.