Rotary Club of West Jacksonville
Marshall Butler, the 2016-17 District Governor for Rotary 6970, began his Rotary experience as president of the Robert E. Lee High School Interact Club in 1988. Marshall joined the Rotary Club of West Jacksonville in May 2002. In 2006, he won his club’s Service Above Self Award, the JJ McCranie Award. Along with GiGi Carroll, he helped found the EarlyAct Club of Chaffee Trail in 2008. In 2009 he received a Presidential Citation from his club for his contributions to Rotary. Marshall served as President of the Rotary Club of West Jacksonville in 2011-2012.
Marshall began working at the District level in 2007 by serving as Newsletter and Technology chair. He served as District Sergeant-at-Arms in 2012-2013. He served as chair of the Paul Harris Society and Rotary Has Heart committees in 2013-2014. Marshall was president of the Robert E. Lee High School Interact Club in 1988. He is a multiple Paul Harris Fellow and Benefactor. He was proud to award his first Paul Harris Fellow to his father, a polio survivor.
Marshall is involved in the community outside of Rotary. He is currently a board member of Marathon High. He is past co-chair of the Stockton Elementary School Advisory Council and Friends of Stockton. He coached the Stockton Elementary Triathlon Team for three years and was awarded the Heart of the Community Award from the Healthy Jacksonville Childhood Obesity Prevention Coalition.
Marshall is Vice President for Interchanges where he helps clients dramatically increase revenue through lead generation, sales and culture optimization.
Marshall has competed in 16 marathons and dozens of triathlons ranging in distance from sprint to Ironman. He has completed every 26.2 with Donna Marathon since its inception in 2008 and has served as a pacer for the last nine years as a way to honor his mother, a breast cancer survivor. Marshall graduated from the University of Florida School of Journalism with a degree in Advertising.
Marshall and his wife Karen live in Avondale with their daughters, Emily and Maggie. The Butlers are active members of First Baptist Church Ortega.
Rotary Club of Palatka Sunrise
Brent was inducted as a member of the Rotary Club of Palatka Sunrise in May of 1998, serving as Club President, Treasurer, Sergeant of Arms and Board Director for several years. He has served at the District level as an Assistant Governor under Past District Governor Cecil Gibson, as a three tier Assistant Governor under Past District Governor Art McQueen and as the District Sergeant of Arms.
Brent married his high school sweetheart Kendra in 1983; they have a son Justin who works in the HVAC business and a daughter who is a Chief Radiation Therapist/Clinical Dosimetrist and a son-in-law who works in contractor sales. They have the World’s most beautiful granddaughter Nola Kay and three grand dogs Prince Charming, Lucy and Sarge.
Both Brent and Kendra are Paul Harris Fellows.
Rotary Club of Flagler County
Jeanette joined the Rotary Club of Flagler County in 2004 after relocating with her family from Forked River, NJ where she began serving Rotary in 1997. She was club president in 2009-10 and has served District 6970 in a variety of positions including District Secretary, District Trainer, Area Governor, District Grants Chair and has participated on the District Awards Committee, Funds and Procedures Committee, Share Committee and Scholarship Committee. For four years she has also served as PETS Trainer for All-Florida PETS and is a Rotary Leadership Institute discussion leader for the Sunshine Division where she has served as Director and Sunshine Division faculty coordinator. Jeanette has a passion for Rotary education and believes an educated Rotarian is Rotary’s most valuable asset. The Loftus family served as hosts for Rotary Youth Exchange’s short and long term exchange programs on three occasions. Jeanette is a Paul Harris Society and the Bequest Society member.
St. Augustine Sunrise Rotary Club
The District Secretary assists the District Governor, Clubs, and the District Executive Secretary as follows:
- Attends the District Assembly and holds a training breakout for incoming club secretaries.
- Attends District Foundation Seminar and District Conference.
- Assists the District Governor, Assistant District Governors and Club Presidents in matters relating to attendance and SAR information.
- Works in partnership with the District Executive Secretary at District Foundation Seminar, District Assembly and District Conference with registration and attendance.
Rotary Club of Mandarin
The District Treasurer keeps the District Governor regularly informed about the financial status of all District funds and transactions. In addition, the Treasurer does the following:
- Attends the District Foundation Seminar, District Assembly and the District
- Conference and makes presentations as needed at such meetings.
- Is a voting member of the District Fund and Procedures Committee and records all actions pertaining to this body in the permanent records of the committee.
- Assists the District Governor and the Club Presidents in the timely submission of
- District and RI dues.
- Serves as a resource to the District and the Clubs regarding district fiscal matters.
Palm Coast, Ormond Beach, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deland, RC Daytona Beach, DBRotaryTCR@yahoo.com
The Sergeant-at-Arms coordinates the execution of all District Events. Specific duties of the sergeant-at-arms include:
- Personally confirms the condition of the meeting rooms; ensures that the American
- Flag is properly positioned and the Rotary Bell is properly positioned.
- Coordinates ticketed events and door prizes.
- Coordinates speakers queuing up 5 minutes before their speaking time, and reminds speakers of their time limitation on the program.
- Installs Rotary Banners and District materials in the proper location in the meeting facilities and retrieves the materials when the events are finished